Dr. Brent Burckart
Brent Burckart has been the pastor of Cornerstone Community Bible Church since its inception in the spring of 2001. He holds masters and doctoral degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary, and he has ministered in the Houston area for the past several years. He is deeply committed to helping people understand and practice the life-changing truths of God’s Word. Brent and his wife, Elvie, are the proud parents of two children, Caryssa and Bryce.
Jeremy is committed to seeing the church be a place where the arts are performed with excellence and ultimately utilized in glorifying our Lord. Having completed Jazz Piano degrees from the U. of S. Carolina (BM) and U. of S. Florida (MM), Jeremy has actively worked in the music industry both in and out of churches for some time. Jeremy most enjoys leading God’s people in worship through music on a weekly basis. Jeremy and his wife, Ana, are parents to Elle, Ethan, Lincoln, Karis and Solomon.
Samuel and his wife Lidia started their ministry preparation at Word of Life Bible Institute in Argentina and later at the Rio Grande Bible College in Texas, from where the Lord called them to serve at Cornerstone. Samuel is passionate about making disciples and teaching God’s Word in a clear and relevant way. He and his wife love music and reaching people for Christ among the Hispanic community. They have two daughters, Genesis and Eden.
Originally from Angola, Leo Almeida attended Seven Lakes High School in Katy and later graduated from Oklahoma State University. During his time at OSU, Leo served in leadership with a campus ministry called Young Life where he felt the call of God on his life for full-time ministry. Leo is a gifted teacher with a heart for helping students grow in their understanding and obedience of God’s Word.
Children's Ministry Director
A native Texan, born and raised in Littlefield, Texas, Denese Shrum attended Merriman’s Business College in Lubbock, Texas. After serving 24 years as an administrative assistant in the education system, Denese retired from Katy Independent School District in 2014. She joined the Cornerstone staff in 2017. Denese is passionate about her every day walk with Christ, growing stronger in her faith, and graciously accepts the challenge of witnessing to others. Denese and her husband, Don, are the proud parents of three sons, one daughter, and eight grandchildren.
- Denese Shrum, Administrative Assistant
- Mirna Nunez, Spanish Ministry Admin. Asst.
- Rhonda Dailey, Financial Secretary
- Luke Swinburne, Facilities Manager
- Christina Cokenour, Children’s Ministry Asst.
- Mary Ferguson, Custodial
Ministry Team Leaders
- Care Ministry – Denese Shrum
- Children’s Ministry – Kristen Mulkey
- ESL Ministry – Samuel Placencio
- Grounds Crew – Nathan Jilek
- Spanish Ministry – Samuel Placencio
- Home Teams/ABF – Brent Burckart
- Hospitality/Special Events – Bob Vamvas
- Men’s Ministry – Brent Burckart
- Obadiah Project – Nora Medina
- Secretarial Team – Denese Shrum
- Student Ministry – Leo Almeida
- Ushers Team – Rick Cunningham
- Women’s Ministry – Gay Ann Fuller
- Worship Team – Jeremy Good
- Brent Burckart
- Jeremy Good
- Michael Hanna
- Nathan Kattner
- Jeff Pawley
- Samuel Placencio